Saturday, October 9, 2010

Brainstorming a "Simple" Design Doc

I'm a little disappointed by the cancellation of the individual project, but mostly, it's a relief.  I was very concerned about my ability to devote an appropriate amount to time to it.  But Space Invaders -- now that can be done.

So now we need a game design document .  Normally, that's the first step in any game project, but in this case, a standard game design document seems almost like overkill for a game like this.  The question is, what sections would be appropriate to be in a design document for as simple a game as Space Invaders?  I'm going to brainstorm here 'cause it's a good place to keep a record of my thoughts.
  • Overview
  • Rules and Objectives
    • Game Play Overview
    • Victory/Loss Conditions
    • Scoring
  • User Interface and Controls
    • Key Commands
    • HUD Elements
  • Multimedia Assets
    • Graphics
    • Audio

No comments:

Post a Comment